When I said no values returned from the DB, I meant that the grid is
populated with some records that have the values in the number/date
column, and others that don't.

Paul

mx.collections::SortField/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::
> internalCompare()
>       at mx.collections::Sort/::internalCompare()
>       at mx.collections::Sort/findItem()
>       at mx.collections::ListCollectionView/getItemIndex()
>       at ::ListCollectionViewCursor/::collectionEventHandler()
>       at

flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEv