From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of flexnubslice
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 2:57 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Registering flashvar variables properly?

Hi,

   I'm busting my head against the wall on this one, I have to say that
Flex is pretty frustrating when you otherwise code C++ or Java by trade.

   Poking around, I have found how to pass variables into Flex apps
using flashvars.  If I check the Application.application.parameters
value, they are all there.  So far so good.

   What I need to do, is pass a proxy URL from HTML, into Flex, that
will be used as a url parameter for an HTTPService.

I have for example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
    layout="absolute" height="380" width="450" alpha="1.0"
initialize="initApp();">

    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[

    [Bindable]
    public var scrmurl:String;

    private function initApp():void{
                var elements:Array = [ "scrmurl" ]; // there's quite a
few of these..

                for( var i:String in elements ){
                    if( Application.application.parameters[i] )

                        this[i] = Application.application.parameters[i];
        ]]>
    </mx:Script>

<mx:HTTPService
        contentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
        id="contactform"
        method="POST"
        resultFormat="e4x"
        showBusyCursor="true"
        url= "{scrmurl}xmlrpc/request.php"
        useProxy="false"
        fault="handleFault( event )"
        result="handleResult( event )"
/>

The idea is to pass in scrmurl, ie http://yourdomain.com/  and the URL
in HTTPService then becomes:
http://yourdomain.com/xmlrpc/request.php

Why won't they HTTPService then, acknowledge the scrmurl variable?  When
it posts, it only posts to xmlrpc/request.php, as though the parameter
is being completely ignored..

Thanks!
Alex