You could store an access key (hashed, encrypted, etc) that you use to
lookup the data's encryption key from a database or off the server and have
the server end handle the security.

  _____

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of rmarples
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:39 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Local storage of password

Hi Jeff - Thanks for the response. By the way, great podcast :)

I will look into the encryption libraries that both you and William
mentioned but I'm
wondering how they handle the encryption key. I have a requirement that I
can't store the
encryption key in the source code as a string literal. I'm wondering if you
or anybody else
has ideas on how to handle this?

Ryan

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com,

<http://crypto.hurlant.com/> hurlant.com/