From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Praveen
Sent: 06 December 2007 15:47
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: How to access .net dll's in FLEX 3.0

Thanks for the reply. Today i came to know
that in our company FlashRemoting is used with JRUN by FLEX to access
.NET dll's. and the dll's return data in HASHTABLE format. Now JRUN
is not there. Can I know presently how FLEX 3.0 can access .NET dll's
using IIS and FlashRemoting. Thanks in advance.

, "Douglas
Knudsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> yeah, news to me too. Must have had some secret edition of Flex
1.5 for
> that.
>
> Praveen, maybe your Flex 1.5 app was actually calling a Java POJO
that did
> some magic to use a .NET dll? Jumping the globe to travel to the
> neighbourhood coffee shop....anyhoo, with Flex 2 and 3, you could
possibly
> expose this .NET code as web services and consume with no added
server
> expense.
>
> DK
>
> On Dec 5, 2007 2:45 PM, Jeffry Houser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > I had no idea Flex 1.5 allowed you to call .NET dlls using
> > RemoteObject. Pretty sweet. If Flex 1. Server could access .NET
DLLs,
> > then I Bet that this funcionality would be present in the current
> > rendition of LiveCycle Data Services.
> >
> > You could also look into WebORB for .NET, although if your
company can
> > afford Flex 1.5 licenses, I'd suspect that LDS is probably also
within
> > your budget.
> >
> > Destinations refer to a remoting configuration file. I believe it
> > tells 'you' where to find the remoting gateway.
> >

> > Praveen wrote:
> > >

> > > HI.. I am Praveen.
> > > I joined this group newly. I recently joined
> > > in job as fresher in hyderabad. My company is product
devleopment
> > > company and it developed its product in FLEX 1.5 and .Net.
Presently
> > > we design our interface in FLEX and interact with .Net dll's
using
> > > REMOTEOBJECT tag. Presetly the dll's are placed in bin folder
of JRUN
> > > server. Now our company wants to recode the entire product FLEX
> > > 3.0(presently beta) and formed some of us team to study FLEX
3.0. Now
> > > I cant understantd how to call(access) the dll's which are
previously
> > > in the bin folder of JRUN SERVER in the FLEX 3.0. and cant
understand
> > > the 'destination' property in the REMOTEOBJECT tag and its
purpose as
> > > we dont use it in our present code(FLEX1.5).
> > >
> > > Please give me some reply which any of you know..
> > >

> > --
> > Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur, Software Developer, Author,
> > Recording Engineer
> > AIM: Reboog711 | Phone: 1-203-379-0773
> > --
> > My Company: <http://www.dot-com-it.com <http://www.dot-com-it.com> >
> > My Podcast: <http://www.theflexshow.com <http://www.theflexshow.com>
>
> > My Blog: <http://www.jeffryhouser.com <http://www.jeffryhouser.com>
>

> --
> Douglas Knudsen
> http://www.cubicleman.com <http://www.cubicleman.com>
> this is my signature, like it?

This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in
England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th
Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT
registration No. 648874577.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and
used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20 7637
1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any
person.
Security System.