Hi Steve,

I think something else must be interfering with your code. If you
paste the following code (pretty identical to yours) into a Script
block in a new Flex project you should see "windowDragEnd" traced out
to the console. (init() is called in creationComplete)

import flexmdi.events.MDIManagerEvent;
import flexmdi.managers.MDIManager;
import flexmdi.containers.MDIWindow;

private function init():void
{
        var win1:MDIWindow = new MDIWindow();
        win1.width = win1.height = 300;
        win1.title = "Window One";

        MDIManager.global.add(win1);

        MDIManager.global.addEventListener(MDIManagerEvent.WINDOW_DRAG_END,
windowEventHandler);
}

private function windowEventHandler(event:Event):void
{
        if(event is MDIManagerEvent)
        {
                trace(event.type);