Have you tried using the framework RSL caching?

Can you have a "shell" for applets so they never run on their own even
when pulled out into their own browser window?

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Nick Durnell
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 1:31 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Problem with RSL and SWFLoaders

, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think you'd have to debug through it and see what is going on.
> However, before doing that, is it possible to re-implement this set
of
> apps? Do these sub-apps ever need to run on their own? If not, you
> should consider using Modules. If that's too big an effort but
those
> sub-apps don't need to run on their own, you should not build them
using
> RSLs and simply extern all of the classes in the RSL when you build
> them. It will prevent them from even trying to load the RSL, but
> they'll remain small and run fine because they'll find the classes
in
> the main app's applicationDomain. This should make your sub-apps
show
> up even faster since they don't need to wait for the 3MB RSL load.
> would expect this to solve your problem as well as there might be
issues
> when more than one loader is trying to load the same bits.

Hi Alex,

It certainly looks like a problem with multiple loaders loading the
same stuff at the same time. I have logged bug SDK-14085 for this.

Unfortunately I cannot try your suggestions because each application
does indeed have to be able to run on its own - the system I have
created allows the applications to be removed from the main
application window and opened in a new browser window. They can then
be resized/minimised/moved to different monitors etc etc.

Thanks for your help with this,

Nick.