Hello,

I have an application that runs on every Windows based browser I've
tested so far and even on Mac OS X up to version 9.0.47 of the flash
player plugin.  Recently a security update to 9.0.115 on Mac has
caused an app to break.  I broke it down to a simple test case.

<mx:Application . . .>
  <mx:Canvas . . .>
    <mx:Image source="swfUrl" />
  </mx:Canvas . . .>
</mx:Application . . .>

The first time the main app loads the SWF loaded by the mx:Image tag
does the right thing.  The swf is pulled from the web, it runs and
works as desired.  Subsequent refresh of the web page will not show
the swf.  The SWF being loaded by the mx:Image tag is only a simple
short flash movie.  The main application does in fact run but this

I have a timer in the main application that governs the time the Image
SWF is shown and then runs the main logic.  The main logic always runs
and works fine.

Have any of you seen any behavior like this?

One more note is that the source for the Image can be a SWF that is
embedded in the main application.  This ALWAYS works fine when
specified.  The only issue is loading the SWF over http and only after
the first load following a cache clear (Safari and Firefox on Max OS X
show the same behavior).  The external swf is specified with a url
parameter passed into the main app.  If this parameter is not present
the app loads the embedded swf for the splash.

I run the app on Windows on IE, FF, and Safari and no problem.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.