have you tried using myCombo.selectedItem = aTextValue?

I don't know if that works, I'm just suggesting it is worth a try.

Painful experience of a change of the textual value from one string to
another has led me to encapsulating domain values like these into a
separate list and only storing their ordinals rather than their values.

If you do that it has the added advantage that you can just use the
ordinal value in the combo rather than having to loop.

There was a similar thread recently...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "danielvlopes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>