Mark,

I've tried VBox with the same results.  How do I "auto-arrange" the
children so I don't have to worry about the Y coordinate?  I'de like
to just call addChild() for all of my components.  I tried the following

var myVBox:VBox = new  VBox();
myVBox.setStyle('backgroundColor', '#FFFFFF');
myVBox.autoLayout = true;
myVBox.creationPolicy = 'auto';

What am I missing?  Is it because I'm creating the VBox control in
actionscript instead of in the mxml code?

Thanks

Tony