From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Nate Pearson
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 1:37 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Custom Tooltips in UIComponent

I'm extending UIComponent to make some custom components.

I want to add a custom tooltip to it when someone mouse overs it.

I can't figure out how to do it...I might need to implement
ToolTipManager and use controls.ToolTip but that seems like too much
work. I wouldn't want to listen for every time the mouse moves for
the tooltip to follow it.

What I would really like is a function like "dataTipFunction" that's
on charts.

Thanks everyone,

Nate