incredibuild is an excellent product...
http://www.xoreax.com/main.htm
I have not used it with the flex compiler, but used it extensively
with C++ and Java.  It would be worth taking a look.

I worked on a project where the build time from a clean environment
was 7 hours and I had a dev team of just over 100 people.  That's a
full working day - just about - per person, just to do a clean build.
 This cut it down to about 15 minutes.  That saved me 100 man days a
week and improved the quality and stability of our code and
dramatically reduced the integration times between component groups
because everyone built everything more often.  We were one team of 6
or 7 in the company I worked for, most bigger than ours.

If you have ever been on a project like that you'll understand the need.