Not sure, Flash Player 9,0,115,0,  has some new rules for crossdomain data
and socket... Check out the security article:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/fplayer9_security_print.html

I doubt, does it have to do with port number. Remember,
www.yourserver.com:80 and yourserver.com:80 are considered to be two
different domains, you need to allow both of these in your crossdomain.xml

-abdul

--
-abdul