From: Maciek Sakrejda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Error: Could not resolve <mx:TextField> to a
component implementation.
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:42:04 -0800

My understanding is that TextField is an old (pre-Flex) Flash class. If
you're writing Flex (and especially mxml), you're better off sticking
with UI widgets from the mx.controls package.

I'll be the first to agree that the redundancy caused by having Flex UI
classes and old Flash UI classes side-by-side is a little confusing.
There's three different text-field-like classes just off the top of my
head: TextSprite, TextField, and Label...

--
Maciek Sakrejda
Truviso, Inc.

Specifically, why is there is TextField class but no mxml TextField
tag ?