I'd love to hear how FunFX works out for you.  We are currently using
some extensions I wrote to Selenium to test our Flex (2.0.1) UI.  It
is working pretty well for us.  There was some talk last year of
making it open source this year but I'm not sure what approvals/time I
will get to facilitate this.

Basically we add our new commands to the user-extensions.js file in
the Selenium Core, they reach into the application through the
Flex-Ajax bridge and a command handler finds components and dispatches
events from the application root.  Very doable and with Flex 3
automation package, I imagine much more can be done now.

(See other references under 'Flexenium' here and at openqa.org forums)

- Todd