Do you know the encoding of the data being provided ?

Typically when characters are not properly encoded to the rendering environment
you will encounter this issue.

For example say your xml data is ISO-8858-1 encoded but your web server script
or rendering application is set to UTF-8
You would have to transform the data from  ISO-8858-1  to UTF-8 encoding.

--
Ben Marchbanks

::: alQemy ::: transforming information into intelligence
http://www.alQemy.com

::: magazooms ::: digital magazines
http://www.magazooms.com

Greenville, SC