On Jan 28, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Abdul Qabiz wrote:

I would not do any such role-based things on client, it's very easy to spoof http packets and a normal user can get access to Admin UI...

Just be careful with that... If you have solid way to avoid any such security issues, go ahead.

-abdul

Well ... that'd only be the case if the developer was so out-of-touch with security as to not use authentication on the server to actually allow the user to perform administrative requests.

Personally, I use modules loaded in for various authenticated operations. Those modules are only available through a servlet that verifies the user and session. Only then will the modules be allowed to get sent to the client.

Additionally, the paths that are used (aside from authentication) are dynamically sent to the client and not embedded in the client side application. This adds an additional level of 'security.'

cheers,

jon