Try indexToItemRenderer().  Keep in mind that if you are scrolling, not
all renderers exist.  It is usually better to work from with in the
renderer than from outside the list.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of bhaskar M
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 11:14 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] How to get the reference of each element in a
TileList ?

Thanks for the reply.

I tried using getChildAt method. But I had errors coming up when I
typecasted the returning element of getChildAt method into the
ItemRendered class which is in my case ServiceSelectorItem.

I actually want to get the reference of each of the items of TileList so
that I can do some manipulations on them.

Could you give me some sample code if you do not mind.

Bhaskar.

"Battershall, Jeff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        How about myTileList.getChildAt(index)?  TileList shouldn't
offer more performanc! e, as such, over Repeater, as the TileList itself
uses a repeater to layout it's children.  But it does offer layout
capabilities that you'd have to roll on your own with a repeater and
that could get messy.