Hi. I posted this before, but got no response. I guess this might
be the wrong list for this, any suggestions where to get help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im using flex2 and trying to connect to an existing hibernate
back end.

Using tomcat5022,hibernate30. I have put all the flex jar files
in the
WEB-INF/lib of the web app.
/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
flex-bootstrap.jar
flex-messaging-common.jar
flex-messaging.jar
flex-messaging-opt.jar
flex-messaging-req.jar
flex-spring-factory.jar
\____________________________

I have modified the web.xml file, but had to comment out the
MessageBroker Servlet stuff coz it was giving an error on tomcat
startup.
This is the start of the stack trace with MessageBroker servlet
enabled
in web.xml:
/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
flex.management.BaseControl.getObjectName(BaseControl.java:287)
         at
flex.management.BaseControl.register(BaseControl.java:148)
         at
flex.messaging.MessageBroker.<init>(MessageBroker.java:146)
         at
flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.init(MessageBrokerServlet.java:84)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1105)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:932)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3951)
\____________________________________

Im not able to get the connection to the database as yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am using an mxml file that uses an <mx:DataService :

<mx:DataService id="ds" destination="hibernate-product"
autoCommit="false" autoSyncEnabled="false"
         fault="faultHandler(event)"
conflict="conflictHandler(event)"/>

The <mx:Application has the following attribute:

creationComplete="ds.fill(products, 'all.products', [])"

products is an ArrayCollection:
<mx:ArrayCollection id="products"/>

all.products is a named query in hibernate (from the hbm.xml file):
<query name="all.products">From Prod</query>
(Prod is my entity/dbtable)

data-management-config.xml defines the default channels to be
"my-rtmp"
     <default-channels>
         <channel ref="my-rtmp"/>
     </default-channels>

When I connect to the mxml file, the page loads ok but without data.
(Obviously I have a table in the database with data in it) I have
checked all the mappings and they seem to be ok...
After trying to add a new record I get the following error:

/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed"
faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend"
faultDetail="Channel.Connect.Failed
error undefined url:'rtmp://localhost:2038'"]
messageId="AA880209-D7B9-7D8C-EC6E-DC678411A552" type="fault"
bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

The page is viewable at:
http://203.55.21.10:7070/testFlex/inventory.mxml

Please help me troubleshoot this:

I can send/post/attach any files that are needed...

--
Luke Vanderfluit
Analyst / Web Programmer