I am seeing a very strange problem that I am unable to track down.

I have a custom Event class called ControllerEvent.  Essentially it
wraps Event and hangs onto some custom data for me.

I've been using it without issue for a long time...now today in one
case in my code when I call dispatchEvent with my ControllerEvent it
throws the following error:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
mr.mvc.controller::[EMAIL PROTECTED] to Array.
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

I don't understand what is happening here.  The event that is being
passed in is no different than any other instance that I have
previously passed in.  It's like something else is EventDispatcher is
in a bad state in this case or something.  Sure wish there was a way
to see inside of the flash.events.EventDispatcher code so that I could
debug this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!