What type of channel/endpoint are you using between the client and
server?

If you're using RTMP, that protocol currently has a maximum underlying
chunk size of 10M. If you're trying to return more than this amount of
data in a single result the player will actually terminate the
connection. AMF serialization handles the result object graph in a
single pass, so there's no way to auto-magically split a serialized
result that's larger than this out into separate result messages/chunks.

If this is what you're running into, you can work around it by fetching
your data set to the client in smaller pages, where each page doesn't
approach this size limit individually. Or use one of the HTTP-based
channels/endpoints which don't impose this resource limit.

Or, as others have mentioned, for the use cases you have that require
huge data sets on the client, try to compute a slimmer result on the
server if that's reasonable rather than pulling your entire domain, or
large portions of it, down to the client at once. Say you're wanting to
generate a graph of 10K data points - rather than pulling down all 10K
full objects, you could make a separate remote object call to the server
to a method that just pulled out the specific property you're graphing
from the database and returns a simple list of those values. Granted, if
you're plotting or processing most of the properties in these objects
this type of optimization would make much less sense.

Best,
Seth