You can find out what row they are dragging over using the information in the DragEvent... here is a snippet that may help. It is modified from my original code, but should get you most of the way home :) If there is an easier way to find the item i'd sure like to know...

        public function handleDragOver(event:DragEvent):void
        {
             var dropTargetItem:Object = null;
var dropTarget:AdvancedDataGrid=AdvancedDataGrid(event.currentTarget);
             var dropIndex:int = dropTarget.calculateDropIndex(event);
// Get drop target. var view:ICollectionView = ICollectionView(loadOutsGrid.dataProvider); if(dropIndex < view.length)
            {
                var cursor:IViewCursor = view.createCursor();
                var x:int = 0;
                while(cursor.afterLast == false && x < dropIndex)
                {
                   cursor.moveNext();
                   x++;
                }
                if(cursor.afterLast == false)
                {
                   dropTargetItem = cursor.current;
hth
Scott

Scott Melby
Founder, Fast Lane Software LLC
http://www.fastlanesw.com

loc_tran106 wrote:

Scott,

But for my application, i need to determine the target more so than
the initiator. By specifying the event listener on the datagrid, i
lose the ability to determine which row the user is specifying...

Or am I wrong?

Tnx,

-L