On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Merrill, Jason <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"""
And to draw a Rectangle, why are you using beginBitmapFill?  Just try
beginFill instead.
"""
Oops, I went to quickly with the completion, thanks Jason.

"""
You need to add the sprite to a container of some kind like a canvas or a
panel.
"""
What would be the best way to do that In my code above?
My attempts have failed so far, the last one (I added a canvas in the mxml
and try to add the shape rectangle to it):

draw.mxml:
"""
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; layout="absolute">
<mx:Script>import DrawApp;</mx:Script>
<mx:Script>
    <![CDATA[
        function drawNow():void{
            var myRectangle:DrawApp = new DrawApp();
            myCanvas.addChild(myRectangle.returnRectangle());
        }
    ]]>
</mx:Script>
<mx:Canvas width="100%" height="100%" id="myCanvas"></mx:Canvas>
<mx:Button label="draw" click="drawNow()"></mx:Button>
</mx:Application>
"""
DrawApp.as:
"""
package {

import flash.display.*;

class DrawApp extends Sprite
{
    public function DrawApp()
    {
         //don't use the constructor anymore since it won't return the
rectangle
    }
    public function returnRectangle():Shape
    {
    var rectAndCircle:Shape=new Shape();
    rectAndCircle.graphics.lineStyle(1);
    rectAndCircle.graphics.beginFill(0x0000FF,1);
    rectAndCircle.graphics.drawRect(125,0,550,575);
    return rectAndCircle;
    }
}//class

}//package
"""
I've got an error 1034 (BTW if anyone know how i can  avoid to  localise the
AS3 error messages so I can paste full error messages in English)

Thanks

francois