OMG i didn't know about Ctrl-3....This is awesome.

Anyways, I like FB3 cause it can handle the two plugins I use everyday

Subversive
Mylyn

Refactoring is nice but I don't use it as often as I thought I would.

-mL

Uber_Nick wrote:

> In short: faster and more stable.
>
> FB3 is a lot smarter about compiling, so building a project after
> making a change goes a lot faster. Developers were increasingly
> frustrated and slowed by the long build times of our project with FB2.01.
>
> There were also a variety of small bugs in 2.01, such as issues
> recompiling styles, embedded assets, or external xml data.
> Occasionally it would cause FB2 to crash, but usually it would just
> require full cleans. These minor frustrations really built up and
> could waste a lot of time and productivity (as well as lower morale
> and excitement about the technology). There's no reason to put
> developers through using older, buggier tools when better options are
> available.
>
> Also, FB3 is based on a newer version of Eclipse. So better
> navigation (ctrl+3 is a lifesaver!), smarter memory usage, and
> enhanced stability all come with it.
>
> Not to mention all the plugin upgrades if you're using any of them
> (Subclipse, SpringIDE, Jupiter, etc)...
>
> -Nick Matelli
> Amentra, Inc
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Mr Greg Murnock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > For the big discussion of the day/week...
> >
> > I have been given the task to give a "strong case" on why we need to
> spend the money (proposed pricing schedule) on the upgrade to FB3,
> when available.
> > Our company does not look to do AIR apps, we do not have a case to
> use Advanced Datagrid, we front CF7 with an Oracle DB (irrelevant) so
> the FDS is already there. Current F2 apps with charting working great.
> >
> > I want to upgrade but need more of a reason, for my [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > company -
> did I say that outloud, for us to purchase the upgrades. All comments
> are accepted. :)
> >
> > Greg

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and
> <http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>

Notice of confidentiality:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above and may be confidential. Should the reader of
this message not be the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail.