No, that wasn't it. After a bunch of reducing, I figured out that if
the source property of an image control was a full URL
(http://localhost...etc) it freaked out Flex Builder to the point that
it would display nothing in Design View and not show any errors
either.  As soon as I took out the http://localhost from the source
property it worked again.

I wonder if this is well-known, or possibly an as-yet undiscovered bug?

Thanks for your help,
Jack

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Johannes Nel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>