I read that too but the thing is i need to perform an action after i
drop the element, not ondrop. This text suggest that if i'm draging
from one tree control to another i should use "dragcomplete" but
extending the tree component, i add the following line to the constructor

                addEventListener(DragEvent.DRAG_COMPLETE,handleDragComplete);

whenever i drag and drop items within the same tree control it fires
handleDragComplete function, if i drop from another one, it doesnt.

To clarify more, i need to perform an action after i insert an element
from another tree to my main tree. How i would do that? DRAG_COMPLETE
does the job whithin the same tree control but not sure what i could
use to perform an event after the item is inserted at the tree control.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Sherif Abdou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> off the flex documentation
> * <p>Because of the way data to a Tree control is structured,
> * the Tree control handles drag and drop differently from the other
list-based controls.
> * For the Tree control, the event handler for the
<code>dragDrop</code> event
> * only performs an action when you move or copy data in the same
Tree control,
> * or copy data to another Tree control.
> * If you drag data from one Tree control and drop it onto another
Tree control
> * to move the data, the event handler for the
<code>dragComplete</code> event