flash.net.FileReference API we currently have in Flash Player 9.

One of the most disappointing thing we have when playing with bytes in
Flash Player 9 is the FileReference API. Let's say you call the
FileReference.browse() method to select a file.

Once selected, you have no way to get a ByteArray from it directly.

we would like to get the bytes from a selected file with the
OpenFileDialog, and also include a SaveFileDialog. This should allow us
to save runtime streams locally through a save-as dialog window.

Create an account and VOTE https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-14245

Astro Need YOUR VOTE !