Yes,

My problem is in the connection. I am unable to connect to the
destination. I have created a very simple hello world class, with a
method that returns a string, and I still cannot connect to it.

Here is what I did:

1) I created the class file, compiled it and placed it in the
appcontext WEB-INF/classes
2) I edited remoting-config.xml and added a destination that
references the class
3) I created the flex app that connects to the destination

I am unable to connect. I don't know what I am doing wrong, because
the sample apps are working fine.

I hope someone is able to help me with this.

Thanks!

Fidel.