Since the filtering and sorting affects the iterator over the
ArrayCollection, I believe you could create a new ArrayCollection,
then do a "for each" over your current ArrayCollection, adding those
items to your new AC. The result will be a new AC with references to
the currently filtered and sorted items in ordered. Then you can apply
your sorting/filtering to the new AC so it will affect any future
iterations after adding items.