We don't want business rules duplicated in Flex, that's what Oracle SOA's
for. And the business rules depend on variables and conditions that the flex
app will not and should not have access to. I mean, how would it even be
possible if certain business rules are say, time-dependent?

I find a good rule of thumb is input validation should be duplicated on the
front-end, but business rules belong in the application.

-Josh