Kevin,

I had a similar problem where I was trying to process several thousand
rows in a datagrid and create custom XML. I had searched Google several
times off and on and finally found:

http://blog.paranoidferret.com/index.php/2007/12/11/flex-tutorial-an-asy\
nchronous-jpeg-encoder/
<http://blog.paranoidferret.com/index.php/2007/12/11/flex-tutorial-an-as\
ynchronous-jpeg-encoder/>

They key to fixing the problem is to use the setTimeout function. Take a
look at the article, it should solve your problem.

Thanks,
Blake Eaton
http://blakeeaton.blogspot.com <http://blakeeaton.blogspot.com>

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having a problem loading a large VO dataset into my client. There
> are only about 900 records at this point and from what I can guess the
> query takes about 5 - 6 seconds to return to the client.  However,
> then as the data is serializing I can't make it through all the data
> without getting a timeout error.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get around this.  It seems like a rather
> small dataset to timeout like this.  I know other's who are loading 60
> - 100K objects from servers in one call...  I must be doing something
> wrong.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> - Kevin
>

> Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default
> timeout period of 15 seconds.
>  at

mx.data::DataList/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::setSequenc\
eSize()
>  at

mx.data::DataList/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::processSeq\
uenceResult()[C:\depot\flex\branches\enterprise_corfu_b1\frameworks\proj\
ects\data\src\mx\data\DataList.as:2151]
>  at

DataListRequestResponder/result()[C:\depot\flex\branches\enterprise_corf\
u_b1\frameworks\projects\data\src\mx\data\ConcreteDataService.as:6779]
>  at

mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\rpc\\
src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest.as:74]
>  at

NetConnectionMessageResponder/resultHandler()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\pr\
ojects\rpc\src\mx\messaging\channels\NetConnectionChannel.as:469]
>  at

mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\
\rpc\src\mx\messaging\MessageResponder.as:199]