Hello,

I have an AdvancedDataGrid that uses an XMl file as the dataProvider.  I have
in the XML
file some attributes that are set to false or true.  When I run the app, I see
the correct
values in the column true or false.

So I would expect that adding in an ItemRenderer using the CheckBox as the
component
would return a column full of checkboxes that are checked when the value is
true and not
checked when the value is false.

What I get are the checkboxes but everything is not checked.  I am completely
baffled by
this and have triple checked my code following the simple examples I've seen in
all the
documentation.

The only thing I can think of is that somehow the true and false values from
the XML
attributes are treated differently (as String?) and not as boolean values.  I
wrote a
labelFunction to convert the strings to booleans, but that didn't work either,
so I am at a
lost.

(I've also used a simple DataGrid and got the same behavior)

Is there something about using data from an XML file?  I've noticed that all
the online
examples I've seen always seem to use Arrays as the dataProvider.

Thanks in advanced.

be well,
Hoyt