hello again,

a component of mine looks something like this:
<mx:canvas>
<mx:hbox>
<mx:horizontallist />
<mx:tilelist />
</mx:hbox>
</mx:canvas>

now, my question is this... my horizontal list contains, as a data
provider, an array collection of objects (which basically is your
average icon with a label). pretty straightforward enough. however,
what i need to do is locate the x- and y- coordinates of *each* of
these objects because i need to draw lines to it (think of a map...)

i am not sure where exactly to start... i was thinking of using
something like the function localToGlobal() but i think the way i
coded makes this not feasible... or i'm even using the wrong things...

please please please... any help would be truly appreciated! thanks :)