great, that worked. thanks a lot. Now that it works, it looks so
simple....thanks again.

Doug McCune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                             try this
example

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
    <mx:Canvas height="100%">
         <mx:TabNavigator horizontalAlign="right" height="100%">
            <mx:HBox width="800" label="Tab 1" />
            <mx:HBox width="800" label="Tab 2" />
             <mx:HBox width="800" label="Tab 3" />
            <mx:HBox width="800" label="Tab 4" />