I have extended repeater and have added code that will dispatch an
event.  This code is executed, but nothing listening is executed.

I have a canvas where it is listening to a customer event.  I have
extended several controls to do things I need them to do.  One of
which is to dispatch a "controlLoaded" event once it is loaded.  I
have also created a custom RepeaterItem component that I use inside of
the repeater.  This RepeaterItem can hold my extended controls that
dispatch controlLoaded.  I have dispatched the controlLoaded events
with bubbling = true

When the page is first displayed, the canvas does have it's listener
executed when all controls load, except the repeater events.  This
includes executing the controlLoaded for all controls inside of the
repeater, just not for the repeater itself.

Then, if I add a row to the repeater datasource I see that the
controls inside of the RepeaterItem do dispatch controlLoaded, but
they never make it back to the canvas.  I them placed a listener in
RepeaterItem for controlLoaded.  This in fact does get executed when I
add the row to the to the dataprovider and the new controls dispatch
controlLoaded.  I can look at the event that is caught in RepeaterItem
and it is marked with bubbles=true, yet it never goes anywhere.

Can someone please educate me on why this works this way and why it
works differently from the first time the repeater is rendered to
subsequent renders caused by the dataProvider changing?

Thanks,
Dale