Hi all -- first time poster here. :-)

Currently I'm working on a project that I need to communicate to our server
that is running on US Eastern time. As I have to let user to change this
time value, I'm displaying the time on the GUI in Eastern time.

As I know how to get my current time zone offset, I couldn't get the current
time's time zone offset for a specific time zone. I know that I can use the
Date constructor to construct a Date object for a specific time zone,
however using that construction method requires me to give a specific time
to the constructor... which I won't have as I don't know the precise time
I'd set unless I know the current time zone offset. Catch-22.

Any suggestion are welcome... but I don't have the option to simply use UTC
as I don't have control on what the server uses.

Thanks!

--
Boaz