Thanks Ben,

  How could I build AIR APPLICATION ?
  what is the configuration to build AIR  with flex2.

  with AIR, how can I acheive this ?

  Thanks
  Bhaskar.

"ben.clinkinbeard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          No, the Flash Player does not have access to the local filesystem
since its a browser plugin. You could build an AIR application with
Flex that would meet your needs.

HTH,
Ben

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, bhaskar M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to flex environment...
>
> I have a requirement to create a new file in flex and write some
contents to it then promt the user to save the file.

> in Java we can create a file using new file(); and write the data
into it..

> is there any mechanism in flex similar to that ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Bhaskar.

> Like movies? Here's a limited-time offer: Blockbuster Total Access
for one month at no cost.

Access, No Cost.