Hmmm, I just re-read your post and realised that you are getting the
binary data via the HTTPService.
I am not sure if you can do this.

If I were you I would save the generated image as .jpg file on server
in some temp location and then return the path+name of it to the
client. And then just set the source property of Image object.

Cheers,
Dmitri.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, p_repetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who replied, but nothing changed.
>
> It looks like the problem is in the result byte array, that is
_before_ the
> loader actually gets in.
> Is my way of creating the ByteArray correct ?
> How can I inspect the length and contents of lastResult via the
debugger ?

> Thanks
>

> Dave Cragg wrote:
> >
> > Isn't using URLLoader a better way to download binary data such as
> > jpeg files? It has a dataFormat property that can be set to binary,
> > which delivers the data as a byteArray.
> >
> > My understanding of httpService is that it will try to parse the
> > result depending on the setting of the resultFormat property.
There is