Hello All,

In my main <mx:Application> I am attempting to add an Event Listener to
the Stage Object, after the CreationComplete Event is triggered.  Upon
application startup, I get that wonderful error dialog stating:

    "Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference."

I want to play around with some validate() stuff, in order to speed up
my Flex Resizing issues.  This is what I have for my code:

private function onApplication_CreationComplete( event:FlexEvent ):void
{
    stage.addEventListener( Event.RESIZE, onStage_Resize );
}

private function onStage_Resize( event:Event ):void
{
    this.validateNow();
}

So the question is, is the Stage Object not yet available?  Do I need to
place this Event Listener on a Child Object contained within my
Application?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Mike