In Flex 3 Beta I had no issues doing this, in Flex 3 GA it does not
work and I'm wondering if any of you have seen this issue.

I have extended Module to MyModule and added code that I need.  My
Flex builder is setup into three projects.  AppProject, ModuleProject,
and FrameworkProject.

My Framework is compiled to my.swc and is in the lib folder of both
ModuleProject and AppProject.  Both have the swc correctly setup in
the project properties.

When I open one of my Modules in code view it works great.  But when I
go over to design view I get an error message in the middle of the
design view with the the text "An unknown item is declared as teh root
of your MXML document.  Switch to source mode to correct it."

In the Problems view it shows a warning: Design mode: Cannot load
my.swc (reason: ERROR: Load Verify).  It may require classes (such as
Adobe AIR components) that are not supported by design mode.  Check
the Eclipse error log for more details."

This used to come up just fine in design view with Flex 3 beta.  If I
remove my.swc from my ModuleProject and instead add a new source file
that points to the src folder of my FrameworkProject it works.  But I
don't want this as it causes compiles to be much longer and it is not
the way I need it to work since our customers will be able to build
their own Modules based off of our Framework and I don't want to give
them anything more than a swc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dale