From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of esaltelli
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 5:36 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Adding a UITextField to a UIComponent

I have a component that extends UIComponent. I am adding several
display objects to it--a FlexShape, Image, and UITextField.

I've overridden createChildren() to construct each of the component
objects. However at run-time the addChild call for the UITextField is
throwing an RTE indicating that the UITextField's antiAliasType must
be non-null.

Anyone run across this; and, if so, any known workarounds? FYI -- The
text for the field is set at some time after adding the actual label
string.

TIA,

ed