From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of zdenekmikan
Sent: 14 April 2008 09:45
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Platform independent paths in AIR

I am not using hard coded paths. My app uploads files (jpeg images
selected by browseForOpenMultiple) from LAN volume, e.g mapped to O:
on PC. To be able to get access to these files from Mac AIR app I need
the name of server which is mapped to this O: letter. And to be able
to access files uploaded from Mac on PC I need to know the letter on
which the server with saved name is mapped on PC.

, Jeffry Houser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I haven't had to deal with that yet. I guess you'll have to do some
> form of "if MAC use X path", "if PC, use Y Path". My impulse is that
> with hard coded paths your app will lose some portability. I also
> suspect that you may have security considerations when accessing a
> network share.
>
> zdenekmikan wrote:
> >

> > Unfortunately this solution does not work when I need to access the
> > same file on LAN local file server from AIR applications on Mac
and Win.

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Jeffry Houser <jeff@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Use relative paths instead of absolute paths.
> > >
> > > I wrote about this here:

http://www.jeffryhouser.com/index.cfm/2008/2/19/Local-Access-URLs-in-Ado
be-AIR

<http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/JeffryHouser.html
<http://www.theflexshow.com>
<http://www.jeffryhouser.com>
<http://www.jeffryhouser.com <http://www.jeffryhouser.com> >>

> --
> Jeffry Houser
> Flex, ColdFusion, AIR
> AIM: Reboog711 | Phone: 1-203-379-0773
> --
> Adobe Community Expert
> <http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/JeffryHouser.html
<http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/JeffryHouser.html> >
> My Company: <http://www.dot-com-it.com <http://www.dot-com-it.com> >
> My Podcast: <http://www.theflexshow.com <http://www.theflexshow.com> >
> My Blog: <http://www.jeffryhouser.com <http://www.jeffryhouser.com> >

This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in
England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th
Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT
registration No. 648874577.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and
used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20 7637
1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any
person.
Security System.