On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Daniel Gold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I probably do a little more work in views than other people. Our commands
> have a great deal of logic but most of that is for client/server
> communication. We have a fairly large application where most of the model
> data is shared. [...]

Yes, I agree, it does depend on what the application needs.  If you
don't need to share the filtered information and you are just using it
on a particular view, sorting an array would make the most sense.  In
the application I was referring to, though, several views needed to be
aware of the filtering / search results; how many results were found
(if any) etc.  For that, we had a special SearchData model (and a
small set of associated search commands) that would be visible for
whoever needed it (in our case, a couple of carousels, an info box,
etc).

I guess the only thing I wouldn't recommend at all would be to have
filtering / sorting logic wired on the model class.

--
gabriel montagné láscaris comneno
http://rojored.com