It goes wherever the web server domain name resolves to.  In IIS,
...\inetpub\wwwroot.  In JRUN, ...\jrun4\servers\default.  I have never
put one in a Tomcat installation... hmm, I just went and looked at a
tomcat server and I would have expected it to go in "webapps", as you
said you tried.

First are you trying a global setting, using wildcards for both the port
and server?  Also, with the latest versions of the player, yo need a
couple more entries in tht file.  Here is an example.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM
"http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd";>

<cross-domain-policy>

   <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>

   <allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*" />

   <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" />

</cross-domain-policy>

That way I figured mine out is to put a global crossdomain in every
possible location until it worked, then removed them till it broke.

Tracy