Based on my use situations I can rule out 1, 2 and 4.

To debug 1, you may like to try an older version of the Flash Player
from Adobe's site. BTW Is there is any difference using a release or
debug version of the Flash player?

To debug 2, you may like to try WebORB. It is fairly simple to change
between AMFPHP and WebORB.

Have you checked the bugbase for outstanding issues?

Other than that, I am at a loss. Maybe someone else can chime in?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "supertodda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried the timeout, but it did not have any effect.
>
> So, I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with one of the
following:

> 1) flash player
> 2) AMFPHP working with Flex 3
> 3) Cairngorm on Flex 3
> 4) Flex 3 SDK
> 5) Some browser related issue
>
> Like I say, it works with Flex 2 sdk, so I'm at a loss...  I think
> it's even stranger that nobody else has ever had this problem.
>
> Any other ideas?  Is there any way to force a
> disconnection/reconnection after a freeze?
>
> Thanks,
> -Todd
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "valdhor" <stevedepp@> wrote:
> >
> > Actually no.
> >
> > I do a lot of AMFPHP RemoteObject calls in my application and have
> > never had this problem.
> >
> > There are two things you mention in your post that are different
here...

> > 1.  My application is only used on an intranet so all connections are
> > fast.
> >
> > 2.  I am not using Cairngorm at the moment.
> >
> > Whether one of these is the root cause I cannot say.
> >
> > One thing you may like to do is set a timeout value. When the call
> > times out, in your fault handler try to disconnect the connection and
> > then retry (Or alert the user).
> >
> > <mx:RemoteObject id="blah" source="foo" destination="amfphp"
> > fault="faultHandler(event)" showBusyCursor="false"
requestTimeout="10">