Hi All

I am primarily a Flex developer but I have also worked with Coldfusion in
the past and when building a non-Flex site this is the technology I use. I
also use CFCs to communicate with Flex apps.

Having got used the the OO nature of flex working with CFCs is pretty
annoying. Java also seems the way that most people develop back ends for
Flex. The upshot is that I want to learn Java. I've already read through
Head First Java which was a very quick and easy way of learning the basics.

I'm now onto Head First Servlets and JSP after which I'll move onto Head
First EJB™.

I am wondering what the best development / production environment for me
will be.

Am I correct in thinking that ColdFusion 8 (what I have installed on my
production and development environment) is not a full spec J2EE server?

I still want to keep CF8 as I think the CFML is quicker and easier to write
basic dynamic pages than JSP so I want a full J2EE server with CF and I want
BlazeDS so my Java code can use AMF3 to talk to Flex.

What I think I need to do is Install JBoss and install CF on top of that
then install BlazeDS. Is that correct? BlazeDS comes with tomcat so do I
have 2 instances of tomcat running or does the JBoss tomcat just get
overwritten?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

--