Hello,

I need some advice.  I am starting to develop more complex applications that is
demanding
more and more UI pages.  In the past, it was simple enough to include
everything in the
same MXML file and I used the viewstack or tab containers to switch between the
pages.

But now I am finding the code to become increasingly unwieldly when working in
Flex Builder
(its just a lot of code to thumb through), so I am starting to build some of
the UI elements as
MXML components.

However, I am still relatively new to flex and action script so what are the
guidelines for when
to break something out as a component and when to keep it in the same MXML
file?  Should
each page of the UI be it's own MXML file and "inluded" in as a component?  And
what are the
draw backs?  Thanks.

Any words of advice would be appreciated or good articles to read would be
helpful.  (I've
programmed mostly in the past with PHP).

be well,
Hoyt