Agreed
- Model has no reference to the view Classes.

But it can still drive the creation of the view.

For example, you might have an arrayCollection, the amount of items in
the arrayCollection determine the amount of windows on display..
The items within the arrayCollection may be the 'dataProviders' for
each window, not necessarily a reference to the view classes but still
responsible for driving the view.

With regards to the additions to Cairngorm UM released, I'm still not
sold on the benifits of all of them or the implementation.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Josh McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The whole point of MVC is that the model knows *nothing* about the view.
> Which is one of the reasons UM is a great extension to Cairngorm.
>
> -J
>
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Bjorn Schultheiss <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >   I think the problem is that the current flex framework architecture
> > doesn't conceptually work well with Cairngorm.
> > There's too much logic encapsulated into the view.
> >
> > Ideally you would like to drive the entire app via the model.
> >
> > It would be ideal if your model was managing how many windows are
> > currently open and therefore knows which data models to tear down.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "Ben
> > Clinkinbeard"
> >
> > <ben.clinkinbeard@> wrote:
> > >
> > > You definitely don't want your model keeping track of views using
> > its data.
> > > My 30 second recommendation would be to look into the UM Cairngorm
> > > extensions as they can help you reduce the amount of clutter that
> > needs to
> > > be stored on the/a model. Specifically view callbacks is the feature
> > that
> > > helps enable that. Search flexcoders for additional discussion of UM
> > > Cairngorm.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Ben

SabreAMF