Ok i managed to get the problem sorted.

All i had to do was create a dummy instance of the
mx.data.messages.SequencedMessage class in the main application.

Previously, I had to do this will alot of my own AS classes (and a
few from the Flex framework), but now i am using an RSL (where most
of the classes exist) it was not necessary to create any of the dummy
instances of the classes... or so i thought!

Well that seems to be the problem solved, thanks for your pointers
Seth/Gregor.

Barry

mx.data::DataList/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::processS
> equenceResult()

[C:\depot\flex\branches\enterprise_bridgeman\frameworks\mx\data\DataLi
> st.as:1760]
>       at DataListRequestResponder/result()

[C:\depot\flex\branches\enterprise_bridgeman\frameworks\mx\data\Concre
> teDataService.as:5857]
>       at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
> [E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest.as:81]
>       at NetConnectionMessageResponder/resultHandler()

[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\messaging\channels\NetConnec
> tionChannel.as:427]
>       at mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()

[E:\dev\flex_201_borneo\sdk\frameworks\mx\messaging\MessageResponder.a