Hi,

I've set up my project so that when I hit "Run" or "Debug" my swf gets
published to a location on a development machine (rather than to the local
bin folder(s))

While the swf gets published to the correct location,  my problem is that,
by default, Flex generates an HTML wrapper to go with it. However, the
original HTML wrapper (i.e. the one on the remote machine) contains
FlashVars which I need to access.

My initial thought was to open up the Debug Dialogue/Run Dialogue and swap
the url/path to point to the original html. The problem is that the original
html wrapper is actually generated from a ColdFusion file, and pointing to
the ColdFusion file directly doesn't work of course.

Is there a better way of  of working like this with FlashVars, or do I
simply have to fake an html file with some FlashVars hardcoded? Any feedback
much appreciated.

Hopefully I've worded this post clearly enough to make some sense! (if not,
I've added a little more detail below).

Cheers,
Neil

MORE INFO

In the Flex Build Path settings I have set my "Output Folder" to be
Z:\wwwroot\project\folder
and my Output URL to be http://devMachineName/folder/

By default, the Debug Dialogue for the Flex project specifies the html
wrapper as:  http://devMachineName/folder/ProjectName.html

The swf is actually wrapped in some HTML which is generated by a ColdFusion
file (and this contains  FlashVars). The CFM is at
Z:\wwwroot\project\folder\ProjectName.cfm