Hi Mary,

Typically, when you make an update to a DB, you will want to refresh
the dataGrid's dataProvider with the updated data from the DB.  This
usually means either returning an updated object in the result of an
update service call, or making an additional call to get the data
from the DB; after the DB object has been successfully updated.  If
you use binding for the dataGrid's dataProvider, you won't have to
communicate with the dataGrid at all.  Just refresh the dataProvider
collection and Flex will handle the rest for you.

-TH